- Garmisch and the Romantic Castles
- Ludwig’s Versailles and Mozart’s Salzburg
- Bavaria’s Allgäuer Alps
- Four Rivers through the Heart of Bavaria
- Magical Moselle Wine Route
- The Carinthian Lakes - Austria’s Cycling Paradise
- Austrian Wine and the best of the Danube
- Gruyères and Lake Genèva
- Appenzellerland and Lake Constance
- The Alsace - Route du Vin
- Croatia - Pearls of Istria
- Essence of Slovenia
The Chiemgau - the jewel of the Bavarian Alps
11 Day Walking Holiday - Germany
From challenging climbs to relaxing strolls, the Chiemgau Alps offer the best of Bavaria’s legendary walking country. Just imagine it: traditional farmhouses dotted throughout the picturesque landscape as the melodic chime of cowbells and soothing gurgle of mountain streams fills the air.
This is a walker’s paradise, simply begging to be explored. And, after a thrilling day of following secret paths around wooded slopes, leafy glades, craggy peaks and alpine pastures, choose to reward yourself at a rustic Gasthof or a Michelin-starred gourmet restaurant.
Highlights will include:
- The Chiemgau Alps, the secret jewel of the Bavarian Alps - alpine meadows, wooded slopes and rugged peaks
- Schloss Hohenaschau - an ancient hilltop fortress renovated in Baroque style
- Reit im Winkl - a village steeped in Bavarian tradition
- Ruhpolding - a chic resort brightened by colourful window boxes
- Inzell - a sleepy village with pretty murals, surrounded by wonderful walking country
An excellent framework for a semi-independent walking holiday. The holiday matched and exceeded our expectations, the ‘Bents’ personal touch adds to the experience - thanks.
R Mason, Cheshire