- Garmisch and the Romantic Castles
- Ludwig’s Versailles and Mozart’s Salzburg
- Bavaria’s Allgäuer Alps
- Four Rivers through the Heart of Bavaria
- Magical Moselle Wine Route
- The Carinthian Lakes - Austria’s Cycling Paradise
- Austrian Wine and the best of the Danube
- Gruyères and Lake Genèva
- Appenzellerland and Lake Constance
- The Alsace - Route du Vin
- Croatia - Pearls of Istria
- Essence of Slovenia
Czech Republic - Beautiful Bohemia
9 Day Cycling Holiday
Southern Bohemia - a location that conjures up romantic images of rolling verdant hills, deep ancient forests, ruined castles and scenic lakes. Fortunately, this rural idyll in the Czech Republic lives up to its mythical status. Because it’s so far from the tourist crowds, you’ll discover an unspoilt landscape alongside an authentic Eastern European culture and cuisine. Best of all, the quiet country lanes here are a cyclist’s dream. And, out of the saddle, the region’s legendary beers are an intoxicating experience, ideally enjoyed within the friendly pubs in buzzing town squares - at very tempting prices.
In fact, the ower cost of living means you’ll stay exclusively in charming four-star hotels, especially chosen for their stylish heritage.
Highlights will include:
- Třeboň - a perfectly preserved walled medieval town surrounded by the original carp ponds
- Ceské Budûjovice - the main city of South Bohemia, where the Vltava and Malše rivers meet - the renowned home of Czech Budweiser Beer and the Gothic-Renaissance Black Tower
- Český Krumlov - a UNESCO World Heritage Site with remarkable Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque architecture
- Český Krumlov fortress - one of Central Europe’s largest castles with 40 buildings and palaces
- Exploring the epic Sumava National Park with its natural lakes formed by Ice Age glaciers
- Enjoying the finest traditional Czech cuisine - from roast pork with dumplings to probably the best lager in the world!
Tried the rest but found Bents the best! After 2 years trying cycling holidays run by other firms, we returned for our 6th holiday with Bents - which says it all! It’s the personal service given by Bents, right from booking, to the friendly, caring service of the reps, plus the camaraderie of the group,which make the difference for us.
S. Wilson, Chelmsford